Get ready, this one has a lot of steps!
1/2 Cup honey
1 1/2 Tbsp palm shortening or ghee (clarified butter)
1/2 Cup coconut milk
1/2 Tsp sea salt
1/3 Cup plus 1Tbsp of coconut flour
1/4 Cup of almond flour
1/4 Cup unsweetened applesauce
2 Tbsp coconut oil, softened
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 Tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 Tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 Tsp baking soda
1/4 Tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
3oz unsweetened chocolate
1 Tbsp coconut milk
3 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp coconut butter
6 Tbsp coconut milk
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
1/4 Cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/4 Cup dairy free chocolate chips
1. Carmel Sauce: Bring honey to a low boil to darken about 5-7 minutes. Then remove from heat. Whisk in the palm shortening, coconut milk and salt. Return to heat and cook for 15 minutes. Let the mixture cool to room temp then store in fridge for up to 2 weeks if any are left over.
2. Make crust by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Place the crust ingredients in a bowl and mix until a dough forms. Press the dough into an 8x8 inch pan. Bake 10 min remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 15 min.
3. Make the ganache by melting the chocolate slowly over a double boiler or bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Stir in the milk and honey. Spread the mixture over the crust.
4. Drizzle cooled caramel sauce over the chocolate layer.
5. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over the drizzled caramel layer.
6. Make the coconut cream by placing the ingredients in a small bowl, whisk then drizzle over the walnuts.
7. Sprinkle shredded coconut over the cream layer.
8. Finish with a layer of chocolate chips.
9. Place the bars in the oven and bake for 20 min Cool on a wire rack for 15 min then refrigerate for 1 hour to set. Cut into 12 bars. We chose to just freeze and skipped cooking based on these awesome ingredients need no baking.
Enjoy the spice of life